I hope you all have enjoyed this beautiful weather!! Such a nice change from the cold weather we have been having. The nice long weekend was wonderful…….hope you enjoyed it too!! The children will all be having a pizza party this week and are encouraged to wear their pajamas to school. Today is M/W Rainbow, Orange and Green as well as Yellow, Silver and Blue Rooms. On Thursday will be T/TH Rainbow, Orange & Green as well as Purple, Sky Blue and Red Rooms. Please send a drink with your child. In addition to pizza we will be providing grapes and a cookie. If your child will not eat pizza for lunch you are encouraged to go ahead and send a lunch as normal. It is our fun way of celebrating the letter “P”.
*Suncreek Kids is excited to announce our spring service project. Please see the information below:
“Celebrate Early Childhood Literacy with Dr. Seuss”
We will be celebrating literacy and Dr Seuss’ birthday the entire month of March. The reward chart (shown below) will be sent home with your child next week (Monday/Tuesday). This is a fun time to read with your child daily and enjoy their excitement over reading!! Please see the information below in regards to the Read Everyday Program and the book drive and lemonade stand that we will have the last week of March to wrap up a month of fun!!
· Read Every Day (Will run from Feb. 24th – March 27th-We will kick off the spring book drive with a daily reading program, highlighting the importance of early childhood literacy and we encourage you to read with their kids daily. Each night that a parent reads to their child or the child reads to the parent, the child adds a sticker to their chart. The children will return their sticker chart to their teacher by March 27th and a special treat will be give to the child then.
· Book Drive & Lemonade Stand (March 24th – 27th)
Ø Please donate any new and/or gently used book to benefit early childhood literacy in Allen. All books donated will go to Boyd Elementary.
§ Book drive will begin on Monday, March 24th and run until March 27th
Ø The lemonade stand will be on Thursday, March 27th after school. Any monetary donations raised at the lemonade stand will go to My Very Own Book.
This a wonderful event that encourages your child to get excited about reading and in turn also will help other children in Allen. Thanks in advance for your support!!
Here are a few reminders for next week and down the road:
- Book charts go home Monday/Tuesday
- Lockdown Drill – Wednesday, Feb. 26th 10am (Please see separate email)
- Spring Individual & Class Pictures – March 5th & 6th – March 5th M/W Rainbow, Orange & Green, Yellow, Silver & Blue Rooms. March 6th for T/TH Rainbow, Orange, Green and Purple, Sky Blue and Red Rooms.
- Spring Break – Suncreek Kids Closed – March 17th – 20th
- Book Drive – March 24th – 27th
- Fire Drill – March 26th 11am
- Dr Seuss Lemonade Stand – March 27th – 2pm
Lastly, I wanted to remind everyone to please follow closely our policy on illness. It is very important to keep your child home with an illness until symptoms are completely clear. In many cases students are coming back too soon to school which in turn exposes the students and teachers. Please respect the policy and keep your child home a full day from the time they have become free of fever, vomiting, diarrhea and other illness related symptoms. The teachers do their best to disinfect and deodorize their classrooms on a daily basis but we need your help to keep exposure limited. I appreciate your help and attention to this matter so we can keep our Suncreek Kids families all well 🙂
I hope you all have a wonderful afternoon and continue to enjoy this beautiful weather!