I hope you have had a great week! “Be kind and loving to each other.” Ephesian 4:32 is our Bible verse this month. This is one of my favorite months of the school year because love and kindness is definitely in the air and the children at Suncreek Kids display this daily in their classrooms. This week during chapel we told the story of The Good Samaritan and how god calls each of us to be kind to all we meet. Ask your child if they remember the story 🙂 This month is the classroom you will see activities based on friendship and Valentines (Being loving of course!) We will also be discussing dental hygiene and at the end of the month someone from a local dental office will make their annual visit to the preschool to talk about proper care of teeth. The color of the month is pink and the shape of course is the heart.
- Public registration for the 2017-2018 begins this Monday, Feb. 6th starting at 8am.
- Hearing and Vision screenings will be offered at Suncreek Kids next Thursday, Feb. 9th starting at 9:30am. All children that had turned 4 years of age by September 1, 2016 must show proof they have had this screening done. All Pre K students (Red, Sky Blue, Gold and Purple Rooms) must show proof of this and this is the opportunity to have it done in house. Information went home with all of those students this week. It is optional and open to any other student in the school. If you are interested in your child being screened please stop by the preschool desk to pick up the information. The screenings are done by Lenee Rogers with Insight. The cost is $10 for each test. If your child has been to the pediatrician and had the testing done since they have turned four all I need is a copy of the results. If you have questions please email me.
- Valentine Parties – Monday, Feb. 13th M/W Orange & Green Rooms Tuesday, Feb. 14th for ALL other classes – please check with your teacher for start times
- President, Pizza & PJs – This day you wont need to pack a lunch! We will provide a pizza lunch for the children and we ask that you dress them in their pjs for the day. The letter of the week will be “P” and of course the following Monday is President’s Day. This is an annual event and is a fun change of pace for the kids & staff! More information will come from your teachers as we get closer to that date.
- No School – Monday, October 20th – Suncreek Kids will be closed for President’s Day (Allen ISD holiday)
- Scholastic Book orders due by Thursday, February 23rd.
- Special Guest visit – Dentist – Feb. 28th & March 1st
- Spring Individual & Class School Pictures – March 1st & 2nd
Suncreek UMC events:
Parents Night Out
Friday, February 10, 2017 from 6:00pm to 10:00pm
Parent’s Night Out is being offered as a ministry to parents as it allows them an evening out, but the money collected will be used for our Cantate Youth Choir. See the link below……..
We have had several students out this week with illnesses (viruses, fevers, etc). Please follow the policy in regards to illness and keep your child home if they are ill or showing signs of getting sick. I appreciate your help in advance!
Pictures courtesy of Ms. MaryLee & Ms. Melanie in Centers/Music class this week………
Have a great weekend!!
Suncreek Kids Christian Preschool
“Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.” Proverbs 22:6