I can’t believe this month is almost over and next week we are in February! Time flies when you’re having fun!! Today our Pre K students participated in our first Fairy Tale Parade and all of our classes and many parents watched as the students walked the halls in their costumes. Everyone looked adorable!! Such a fun event we hope to do again next year!! Take a peek!
Today is the last day for in house registration for our currently enrolled students and their siblings for next school year. Next week is registration for Suncreek church members. The week of February 9th we will have public registration for any remaining spots in the program. If you have not yet registered please stop by the preschool office today.
Below is the illness policy at Suncreek Kids. I have attached it to this update as a reminder. We are seeing a surge this week in illness at the preschool so I ask that you please not send your child to school if you suspect they are coming down with an illness, have symptoms or are not symptom free from being sick. The staff does a wonderful job of disinfecting the classrooms each day but the only way we can truly keep our environment healthy is with your help by keeping sick children home. Also, as a courtesy I ask that you not bring sick family members (siblings) into the school with you at drop off and pick up. They are exposing others to an illness. I appreciate your help with this in advance!
**Any child who has any of the following conditions listed below should not attend school that day & free of these symptoms for a full 24 hours before returning to school.
- A fever within the last 24 hours (child must be fever free for 24 hours – without medicine)
- Heavy nasal discharge that is not clear. Please have a doctor’s note stating that your child is not contagious if the nasal discharge is any other color than clear.
- Other signs of illness such as vomiting, diarrhea, bad cough, etc. (symptom free for 24 hours)
- An open sore that can not be covered
- Eye infections/pink eye
- Skin rashes or skin conditions such as Fifth’s Disease, head lice, boils, ringworm, Impetigo, Thrush, Hand-Foot-Mouth disease
If your child becomes ill during school hours, he/she will be cared for in an isolated area (preschool office). Parents will be required to take the child home. PLEASE inform the office or teachers if you are not going to be able to be reached by phone. It is VERY IMPORTANT that you keep your cell phone turned on when your child is in our care and that your contact numbers are current. ** (Suncreek Kids Parent Handbook)
Reminders for next week:
- Scholastic book orders are due by Monday – Feb 2nd
- Suncreek UMC Church member registration for next school year – starts next Monday, Feb. 2nd
- Hearing and Vision Screening for students in Red, Sky Blue & Purple Rooms – Wednesday, Feb. 4th starting at 9:30am
Please put on your calendar for February:
- Public registration for the 2015-2016 school year begins on Monday, Feb. 9th at 8am
- Bad weather drill – Feb. 10th 10:30am
- Valentine parties – Feb. 10th & 11th
- No School – Monday, Feb. 16th – President’s Day (Allen ISD holiday)
- Pizza, Presidents & PJs – Feb. 18th & 19th – We will serve pizza that day to all students and encourage them to dress in their pjs and of course its President’s Day that week and we will be studying the letter P! Your teachers will remind you as we get closer J
- Family chapel week of Feb. 23rd
- Allen Dentist visits the preschool for Dental Health Week – Feb. 24th & 25th 10am
- Fire Drill – Feb. 26th 10:15am
A big THANK YOU from the staff to the families in the Blue, Silver and Yellow Rooms for providing us lunch today. It was so yummy and we appreciated the treat!!
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!
Suncreek Kids Christian Preschool
“Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.” Proverbs 22:6