I cannot believe we just have three weeks of school left! This school year has gone by way too fast and we will be very busy in the coming days as we quickly approach the last day of school on May 16th for some of you and May 17th for the rest. The month of May brings the story of Jonah to bible and chapel time and learning the bible verse “Love God, listen to this voice, and hold fast to him” Deuteronomy 30:20. May is about Celebrations at Suncreek Kids! We celebrate Texas, Mothers and Fathers and the gift god gave us by creating the oceans and the life in it. The color of the month is blue and the shape is the crescent. We finish up with the letters of the week by studying the letters Y and Z and of course reviewing all the letters we have learned this year. We are very busy learning and having fun! All the children are practicing for the annual Spring Program on Monday, May 7th. All the children are in this program and it is a casual dress event for the children. I hope you make plans to attend!
Just a few reminders:
- May tuition is due next week.
- Pickup time is at 2:00pm each day so please plan to be here at 2:00pm to pick up your child as the teachers need to leave each day by 2:15 and have the time to prepare their classrooms each day to leave and pick up their own children from school. Many parents are arriving around 2:10 -2:15 and that is considered late. Please be mindful of this policy. I appreciate your help with this J thank you!!!
- **Volunteers are still needed to help with the Field Day activities so if you are interested in helping out please email my Office Manager, Ms. Suzanne and she will make sure to have you down to help out. You can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org**
- Vacation Bible School for preschoolers
June 18 – 22, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Suncreek’s Vacation Bible School theme is Sky: Everything is Possible with God! Preschool children of VBS volunteers who work that week are invited to enroll in our VBS preschool program. Children must be 3 years old by 9/1/12. We also offer free infant/toddler care for our volunteers. Consider volunteering and find out what happens when the sky is the limit and everything is possible with God!
For more information, contact Adriene Morgan at 972/390-1695 or Adriene.email@example.com
Upcoming events on the calendar:
- Monday, May 7th 6:30pm Spring Program/Open House
- Monday, May 7th – Thursday, May 10th Staff Appreciation Week
- Wednesday, May 9th – Field Day for M/W Rainbow, Orange and Green Rooms
- Thursday, May 10th – Field Day for ALL other classes
- Week of May 14th – May 17th End of Year class parties (check with teachers as the classes vary)
- Thursday, May 17th – Pre K Graduation 11am in the Suncreek UMC sanctuary catered lunch immediately following
Have a terrific weekend!!