I hope you are having a great week!! This week has been full of fun for sure 🙂 This month our fun classroom activities will be centered around spring and all that entails (insects, plants and flowers) and in addition to that our Pre K students will also be studying weather and seasons. The shape of the month is oval and the color of the month is purple. The bible story the younger children (18 mos – 2s) are learning is the story of The Good Samaritan and the three and four year old classes are learning the story of Zacchaeus. The bible verse we are learning is “Be kind and loving to each other.” Ephesians 4:32. This bible verse touched my heart so deeply this week with the news of the tragic passing of my youngest son’s classmate Raymond Howell Jr. On Monday at prayer time I told my staff that each and every day we plant those seeds in your precious babies that you have entrusted to us. What an honor and a joy that we are able to mold and help form the character of your child. I thank you for that honor and want you to know we take that privilege very seriously. Today staff wore lime green in honor of Raymond and to raise awareness that bullying needs to stop. I love our community and what we stand for always…….love!!
Here are a few reminders:
- Teacher Luncheon (Provided by the families of Rainbow, Orange & Green classrooms) – Wednesday, April 15th
- Bad Weather drill – Wednesday, April 22nd 10:30am
- Scholastic Book orders due – by Wednesday, April 22nd
- Pre K Cap & Gown pictures with photographer Diana Busch – Thursday, April 23rd starting at 9:15am
- Family chapel – the week of April 27th
- Staff Appreciation Week – April 27th – 30th – more information about this will be coming to you soon through class room parents
- Spring Program & Open House, Monday, April 27th at 6:30pm in the Suncreek Sanctuary
- Fire drill – Thursday, April 30th 10:15am
Have a wonderful weekend!
Suncreek Kids Christian Preschool
“Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.” Proverbs 22:6