Hope you are having a great Thursday! It has been a fun and busy week around the preschool. Letter P week brings many special activities and fun with it. This week we had a special visit from Bucky the Beaver and his assistant from the Allen Pediatric dentist office of Dr. Gough. It is dental health month and Bucky reminded the students how important it is to brush teeth twice a day and to eat healthy foods and not too many sugar filled ones. Each child should have received a toothbrush from the visit. If your child did not get one please let us know in the office.
We have also enjoyed wearing our pajamas to school, learning about our presidents and feasting on a yummy pizza lunch! I observed in the Blue Room today (in honor of P week) and the book “If You Give a Pig a Pancake” pink pancakes & pink milk (in honor of P week). How fun!!! It excites me to see our teachers come up with such fun and interactive ideas to share with their students. Good job Ms Kimmi & Ms Brenna!! This is just one of the many examples of how awesome all of our teachers at Suncreek Kids are J
Reminders for next week:
- Family Chapel – I hope you can plan to attend!
- Scholastic Book order forms went home this week – all orders are due in by Thurs. March 7th
- School pictures (individual & class) are coming up on March 6th & & 7th – information will be coming home in your child’s folder on Monday/Tuesday of next week.
I am happy to announce we will be having our children’s book drive and Read Every Day program for the second year in the month of March. To celebrate Dr Seuss’ birthday, which is March 2nd, the teachers and preschool will be participating in activities and events centered on literacy and all the wonderful books by Dr Seuss. Next week I will be sending information and a reading log for you to help keep track of throughout the month of March reading daily with your child. (This information will be sent home next Wednesday/Thursday in your child’s folder) At the end of the month the children will hand in the log and receive a special treat for participating. We will have a special day at the end of the month to wrap up the Read Every Day program with a lemonade stand. We will also be collecting books from March 18th – 28th benefitting Boyd Elementary. More information about the book drive will be coming home soon. I wanted to pass along to you these wonderful tips and the benefits of reading to your child.
9 Reasons to Read to Your Preschool Child
1. Reading together nurtures the bond between parent and child. To
a child, there is nothing better than the warmth of a parent’s voice
and the chance to be physically close to Mom or Dad.
2. Reading together builds social skills through the child’s interaction
with his parent.
3. Reading together provides a child with a better grasp of written
language because she learns how to follow the words on the page
as she listens to her parent speaking them and pointing them out.
4. Reading together builds a child’s vocabulary.
5. Reading together introduces a child to language that is richer and
more formal than everyday conversation.
6. Reading together allows the feeling of love between parent and
child to become associated with the activity of reading. This love
later transfers to a child’s appreciation for books and reading.
7. Reading together on a regular basis gives children an opportunity
to learn about life in a fun and pleasant way.
8. Reading together helps children succeed in school and feel
confident that they’re able to keep up with their peers.
9. Reading together offers children the opportunity to learn about
various moral lessons introduced in the story.
The children enjoyed the flower shop all month in centers and I was the lucky recipient of many flower deliveries……..so cute!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Suncreek Kids Christian Preschool
“Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.” Proverbs 22:6
“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.”
– Dr. Seuss