I hope you have had a great week! It was a fun and busy week with the Valentine parties and the Presidents, Pizza & PJ days. Thank you to all the parents that were involved in the planning of the classroom parties. The children had a very fun day! I appreciate all the parental support we receive, we truly are blessed!!
Here are a few reminders for next week:
- No school Monday – We will be closed for President’s Day
- Family chapel all week
- Scholastic Book orders due on Thurs. Feb. 23rd
- Special Guest – Dentist visit Feb. 28th & March 1st
- School Pictures March 1st & 2nd – (information will be coming home in your child’s folder next week)
- Spring Break – March 6th – 9th Suncreek Kids will be closed this week.
**Please make note of the Health & Illness Policy (from the Parent Handbook):
Any child who has any of the following conditions listed below should not attend school that day and must be free of these symptoms for a full 24 hours before returning to school.
- A fever within the last 24 hours (child must be fever free for 24 hours without medication)
- Heavy nasal discharge that is green or bloody. Please have a doctor’s note stating that your child is not contagious if the nasal discharge is any other color than clear.
- Other signs of illness such as vomiting, diarrhea, bad cough, etc. (symptom free for 24 hours without medication)
- An open sore that cannot be covered.
- Eye infections/pink eye (must be on eye drops for a full 24 hours before returning to school)
- Skin rashes or skin conditions such as Fifth’s Disease, head lice, boils, ringworm, Impetigo, Thrush, Hand-Foot-Mouth disease.
It is essential that all parents follow this policy. We have had too many children returning to school too early and are exposing classmates and staff to illnesses. The staff does a wonderful job everyday of sanitizing and disinfecting their rooms and items but we can’t do it all when children are being sent to school sick and are exposing others when they are still contagious. Please strictly follow the 24 hour symptom free rule. I appreciate your help in keeping our Suncreek Kids community healthy.
This week in music………Pete’s Pizza fun!! Perfect considering we are having pizza for lunch today 🙂
Upcoming Suncreek UMC events: (these events are open to all our Suncreek Kids families)
Join us for our next Wonderful Wednesday (families coming together for food, fun, fellowship and mission) on February 22nd, 5:30-7:00 pm as we create beautiful cards for Suncreek’s Congregational Care Committee. We will have dinner from 5:30-6 and Mission Activity from 6-7.
Ms. Gail, our wonderful preschool sub, and her daughter Lori, are so excited to be working with us to make the cards.
Please RSVP and feel free to invite your friends.
Join us as we begin our next Women’s Bible Study, with a Meet and Greet on Tuesday, March 14, you will be able to purchase your study guide for $15. The study will continue through April 25th in Room 128 from 9:15-11:00. RSVP to email@example.com.
Childcare is available by reservation to Suzanne.firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Study:
Finding Peace and Harmony When You Disagree
Relationships are messy. We’re all different and imperfect, and we can struggle to get along–especially with those who disagree with us. Often we find ourselves divided–even as Christians. How can we work out our differences and disagreements with humility and grace, always showing the love of Christ, while still remaining true to what we believe?
In this six-week study we will explore Paul’s first letter to the Corinthians to learn how we as Christians are to deal with differences and divisions–whether in the workplace, neighborhood, school, home, social media community, or church. We’ll discover that the answer is living and sharing the radical love of Jesus Christ, and we’ll unpack what this means and how we can live it out day by day.
I hope everyone enjoys this long holiday weekend!!
Suncreek Kids Christian Preschool
“Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.” Proverbs 22:6