I hope you are having a wonderful day! I can’t believe tomorrow is the last day of January already. The children have been having such fun this month learning about the season of winter and doing fun activities that deal with the five senses. We finished up our month in chapel studying the story of creation. Thank you to the parents able to attend family chapel this week to see and hear all the wonderful things the children have been learning. Next week we dive right into our February themes of transportation and celebrating God’s love for us (Valentine’s Day) and friendships. The color of the month will be pink and the shape of the month is heart. We will have letter review and then introduce the letters of O, P and Q. Our bible verse will be “Love one another as I have loved you.” John 15:12 and our bible story we will be learning about is the story of Joseph and his coat of many colors.
Here is a look at what’s on the calendar for February:
- Next week February tuition is due
- Public registration for 2013-2014 begins on Monday at 8:30am
- Vendor Booth next Wednesday & Thursday: Tricia Ryan – Beautiful handmade jewelry
- Feb. 13th Valentine Parties for Rainbow, Orange & Green
- Feb. 14th Valentine Parties for all other classes
- Monday, Feb. 18th No School – Allen ISD holiday – President’s Day
- Tuesday, Feb. 19th Guest Speaker – Dentist visit by Dr. Gough (All classes that attend this day) 9:30 am
- Wednesday, Feb. 20th Guest Speaker – Dentist visit by Dr. Gough (All classes that attend this day) 9:30 am
- Wednesday, Feb. 20th Pizza, Presidents and PJs (Rainbow, Orange, Green, Yellow, Silver and Blue Rooms)*
- Thursday, Feb. 21st Pizza, Presidents and PJs (Rainbow, Orange, Green, Purple, Sky Blue and Red Rooms)*
*The event Pizza, Presidents and PJs we do every year during the letter P week. Since presidents day is observed on that Monday and we are closed we have a special day we wear our pjs to school and the preschool provides a pizza lunch for the students and staff. On this day you will not need to send a lunch for your child and we will serve them water to drink with the pizza. Water is served always at snack time daily and offered at lunch. If you desire to bring a special drink with your child that day to have with the pizza you are more than welcome to do that. The pizza will be cheese from Little Caesars. We will also serve a cookie for dessert.
All book orders are due to Suzanne by tomorrow.
Just a few policy reminders:
- Pick up is at 2:00 pm daily. I appreciate your help ahead of time with this important matter.
- Please do not send your child to school sick or still getting over an illness. Sending them back too soon may expose other healthy children and continue to spread illness and viruses.
- Lastly, please make sure and send a warm coat on a cold day like today and a light jacket on warmer days as we do go outside for recess unless it is below 32 degrees or raining. Thank you so much!
I hope you have a wonderful afternoon!
Suncreek Kids Christian Preschool
“Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.” Proverbs 22:6