It was great to see all of our Suncreek Kids families back this week! I hope your families all had a restful break and a blessed Christmas. We jumped right back into routines and were able to enjoy some indoor recess time that I feel the children really enjoyed as a change of pace. This month the children will be learning about winter, the five senses and learning nursery rhymes. The color of the month is white and the shape of the month is triangle. We will be studying the letters L, M, and N. We started our new bible story; Creation and the bible verse “In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth.” Genesis 1:1 I always love this lesson with the children J
Update on Faith the Cow:
We are so excited to share that with your generous donations to Faith the Cow in December, Suncreek Kids raised $250 and was able to purchase a sheep, goat, and a flock of chicks through Heifer International for a community in need. We are so thankful to you for supporting this mission project!
Check out what will be happening this month in our specials classes J
- Centers: (Ms Natalie & Ms Cammie)
As we enter into January, centers lab enters into “winter nights”…we will be enjoying the sights and sounds of winter complete with a bear cave, a tent, and lots of snow. We are going to be building with super cool packing material that will allow us to glue without using glue??? Thanks to Lila in the Yellow room for that idea! We are still enjoying the snow in our sand table and we are even getting to use another kind of snow for our exploration. In the blocks, we are using new soft foam blocks and we have to learn how to build with them since they are of a different weight and texture then what we have worked with at this point. We will cook at the end of the month. We are going to be sure to enjoy some super yummy winter snacks.
- Computers: (Ms Natalie & Ms Cammie)
So, did you know that most of your kids can understand the terms main menu, driving a mouse, and how to click and drag something on the computer. There are lots of cool web sites you can use for them to show you these skills. We have continued to support the work in the classrooms by working of sorting, grouping, and building. Our work now will begin with the introduction of the home row and how our hands work on the computer. Don’t worry; we will still be working on the programs we love so much.
- Spanish: (Ms Natalie)
Pablo and I enjoyed a nice long break. It was super cold (Frio) and we drank lots of hot coco! As we finished the 1st semester of school, Pablo and I are thrilled with progress. We have worked on colors, numbers, body parts, clothes, and basic directions. You might even notice your kids repeating what they hear on Dora or other Spanish speaking shows. We will beginning this year with a general review of what we know and start our work on pets. Pablo loves your kids….and so do I!
- Music: (From Ms Mary Lee & Ms Cammie)
Ms Cammie and I would like to thank parents for our amazing Christmas cards and gifts! We feel so loved and appreciated!! It is truly a blessing to be a small part of each of your precious children’s lives.
During January, we will sing new songs that focus on the weather, like “Frostyweather” and our five senses like “Body Talk” and “Peanut Butter and Jelly” and a lot of nursery rhymes, like “The Grand Old Duke of York”, “London Bridge”, “Little Miss Muffet” and “Hey Diddle Diddle.” This week all of the older classes loved reading “Pete’s a Pizza” and acting it out. Hopefully you were able to see the cute pictures that Ms. Lisa posted on Facebook. This is a very fun activity that you can do with them at home, especially on a rainy or cold day. As usual, we love our praise songs. We are learning “Do Lord” and “Hallelu” this month. Watching them praise Jesus through song is the reason we love our jobs so much! Blessings!
- January tuition is due
- 2013-2014 Registration information will be sent home with students next Wednesday & Thursday – please check your child’s folder.
- Registration for currently enrolled families begins on Tues. Jan. 22nd starting at 9am in the Round Room and again from 1:30-2pm in the Round Room. We will enroll our current families that entire week. If you have questions or concerns about what class you feel is the best fit for your child I encourage you to visit with your child’s teacher or please feel free to stop by the office and I will be happy to visit with you. Please keep in mind in looking at classes and staff next year that the classes may not necessarily have the same teachers. There are many things that are out of our control so I never want parents to pick or make decisions of a class based on the current staff this year. That is something we know for sure by August.
- Vendor booth next Wednesday & Thursday – Sandra Park (mother of Julia & Diana) will be selling her hand made scarfs. They are so pretty! Make sure to stop by and take a peek J
- There is a lot of flu and other viruses currently going around as we are hearing it daily in the news. If your child is sick please keep them at home. The only way we can keep from entire classrooms and the school from getting sick is if our families are following the illness policy as stated in our parent handbook. I appreciate your help with this.
I hope you all have awonderful weekend and enjoy the warm day on tap tomorrow before it changes back to winter on Sunday.
Suncreek Kids Christian Preschool
“Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.” Proverbs 22:6
You can like us on Facebook too!