What a beautiful week it has been weather wise. It finally feels like spring. All the children look so nice all dressed up for spring school pictures too. The proofs and order forms will be going home sometime in the next 1-2 weeks.
A few things for you this week:
- The book drive is going on now until next Tuesday, March 31st. You may leave any book donations on the table where the Lorax box is by the preschool front desk.
- Tomorrow (Thursday) is the lemonade stand afterschool. We are doing this to end our Read Everyday Program. The stand will be in the hallway between the education and the main church building. I invite you to bring your child thru afterschool and enjoy a sweet treat and enjoy some fellowship time with other families. There will be a free will donation at the lemonade stand that will benefit the My Very Own Book program. I hope you plan to attend 🙂
- Your child may bring their sticker chart to their teacher at any time to show they completed it for the Read Everyday Program this month. ALL students at Suncreek Kids will be receiving a participation certificate from their teacher so look for that in your child’s folder.
- This Saturday evening, March 28th, is the first annual Suncreek UMC Youth Auction Dinner and Talent Show. If you have attended similar events in the past, this one is taking a little different turn. The goal is fellowship within the youth community and to raise some money to help offset the cost of summer mission trips. There will be a fajita buffet dinner and talent acts by some youth and adults in the congregation. If you or your youth have a talent, it isn’t too late to join the program!!! Questions contact Erick Dahl at email@example.com Tickets are $25 and can be purchased on line at: https://secure.accessacs.com/access/eventlogin.aspx?id=UiFruiH3931sQODweJ7/og==&site=157488&ReturnUrl=events%2fwz_people.aspx&ChurchID=5593&EventID=84556&sn=157488
- Suncreek UMC Annual Easter Egg Hunt after the 11am service this Sunday. Families are encouraged to bring one dozen filled eggs to share for the event if attending. (pink sheet was in your child’s folder)
- Classroom Easter parties – April1st & 2nd Adriene Morgan, Children’s Minister to Children & Families retired as of March 1st. I had the pleasure of working with her for the last seven years and I will miss her very much and I am excited for her too in the next chapter of her life. We wish her all the best!!!
I am pleased to announce that Robyn Tschantz has been hired as the Director of Children’s Ministries for Suncreek United Methodist Church. You may see her at the door in the mornings and afternoons greeting our preschool families so please take a moment and introduce yourself to her 🙂 We are very blessed to have Robyn on staff at Suncreek!
Lastly, Suncreek United Methodist Church will not be offering preschool bible camps this summer due to scheduling conflicts at the church. Some great alternatives for summer camps would be through Allen ISD and the city of Allen programming. If you have any questions please contact Robyn Tschantz, Director of Children’s Ministries at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enjoy the rest of this gorgeous day!!
Suncreek Kids Christian Preschool
“Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.” Proverbs 22:6