Happy October!! We have the first month of school officially under our belts! This month will be a busy one and this update has a lot of information in it to read thru so please note the dates for different events & announcements.
- Spirit shirts that were ordered a few weeks ago are in and came home to some students yesterday and the rest will go home today. This is only for those that placed an order. Payment of $10 for each shirt is due now.
- Directory business ads: If you are interested in advertising in our school directory please fill out the directory form (attached) with the $25 fee and are due in the preschool office by next Wednesday, Oct. 8th.
- Scholastic Book orders due by next Tuesday, October 7th
- Fall School Pictures – next Wednesday, Oct. 8th & Thursday, Oct. 9th – please refer to the separate email I will be sending about picture day. The information is also going home in your child’s folder today and tomorrow.
- Wednesday, Oct 8th will be picture day for M/W Rainbow, Orange, Green, Yellow, Silver & Blue Rooms Thursday, Oct 9th will be picture day for T/TH Rainbow, Orange, Green, Purple, Sky Blue and Red Rooms
- Fire Truck Visit To Suncreek Kids next Tuesday, Oct 7th & Wednesday, Oct 8th
- No School – Monday, Oct. 13th – Suncreek Kids will be closed (Columbus Day)
- Suncreek Kids 7th Annual Bike-A-Thon – Wednesday, October 15th
Rain Date: Thursday, October 16th Ride a bike, Ride a trike, Ride a scooter, Ride in a wagon! If it rolls, then bring it! It’s Bike-A-Thon time at Suncreek Kids! This is a school-sponsored Bike-A-Thon to raise money for curriculum and classroom needs for the children at Suncreek Kids.
*If your child is not in school on Wednesday, please join us at the above-scheduled time for your classroom. The times listed below are when your child will ride. Rainbow * 10:00 – 10:30 **Blue * 9:30 -10:00**Purple * 10:30 – 11:00 *****Orange – 11:00 *11:30**Sky Blue * 11:30-12:00 **Yellow * 10:30 – 11:00 *****Green – 11:30 – 12:00 **Red * 11:00 – 11:30**Silver – 10:00 – 10:30****
On October 15th, we will turn the Suncreek Kids parking lot into a bike track. With the support of Suncreek Kids staff and parent volunteers, we will have a great day of fun and fitness for our Suncreek Kids children. A committee has been formed to help plan this event. *** A sign up sheet for volunteers to help the day of the bike-a-thon will begin today in the hallway at Suncreek Kids. *** This is sure to be a wonderful event for our entire Suncreek Kids family! Additional details and information will be coming home in your child’s folder next Monday & Tuesday.
Suncreek UMC Fall Festival and Chili Cook-off Saturday, October 25 5:00 – 7:00pm Bring the entire family to Suncreek’s Fall Festival and Chili Cook-Off. We’ll have free games, bounce houses, hay rides and lots of goodies to eat. Children are encouraged to dress in “non-scary” costumes and enjoy “Trunk or Treat”. Chili will be judged by an “expert” panel but everyone gets to taste! Our Missions Committee will be offering hot dogs and chips for donations. Contact: Christy Parker to enter your chili at [email protected] & Meredith Knickerbocker to register your car for Trunk or Treat at [email protected]
Picnic with Pastor Keith You are invited to have a very informal chat with Rev. Keith Boone, Senior Pastor of Suncreek United Methodist Church just prior to picking up your child(ren) at Suncreek Kid’s Preschool. In addition to just getting to know one another, some of the things we can cover could include:
- The spirituality of children
- Some ways to answer your child’s questions about God
- Spiritual practices with your children
- How to approach and discuss the illness or death of a loved one or a pet
As a matter of convenience, please select at time and date you’d like to meet (in Room 128) just prior to afternoon dismissal. You can return this page (attached) to the Suncreek Kid’s Preschool desk (Suzanne Corona) or email Keith at [email protected] to set a day and time. I look forward to having a moment to get to know you and your family better and assist you in nurturing the faith, hope and love of your child for God and others. If interested please see the attached form and fill it out and return to the preschool or contact Pastor Keith directly.
*Just as a reminder please sign your child in and out daily when you drop off and pick up. Also, pick up is at 2pm. (2:10 is late and after 2:15 late fees apply). As a courtesy please finish all cell phone calls before entering the building. I appreciate your help with these matters ahead of time.
The month of October brings many fun themes into our classrooms such as community helpers, dinosaurs (for 2’s & 3’s), Celebrating Texas & Fire Safety (4’s) and of course Halloween. The colors of the month are orange and black and the shape of the month is the rectangle. The monthly bible verse is “Lord show me your ways. Teach me how to follow you.” Psalm 25:4 The Fruit of the Spirit is Faithfulness and our bible story for the 2’s will be David and Goliath while our 3’s & 4’s classes will be learning about Daniel & Friends.
There is so much fun and excitement as we start this month and it’s feeling more like fall too. I have included some information below from Dr Brad Schwall on teaching children responsibility. I love the information he sends out monthly and will try to share that with you in my updates. You can like us on Facebook too under Suncreek Kids Christian Preschool! It’s such a pleasure to have your child with us! We are so blessed!! Have a wonderful Wednesday!!!
Suncreek Kids Christian Preschool
“Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.” Proverbs 22:6