We started off this beautiful Wednesday morning with our first fire drill of the year and all the children did a fabulous job with this!! So proud of everyone!! We will have one of these each month throughout the school year as well as bad weather drills (tornado) twice a year and will do one lock down drill in the spring or at a later date. You will be informed before hand before we ever have drills. I have several announcements in this email to share with you this week.
Tomorrow night is the family picnic in Palmer Hall beginning at 6pm. Bring your picnic dinner, a blanket and enjoy a fun evening with other Suncreek Kids families. A short movie will be shown and popcorn served. Hope you can make it!!
School pictures: Will be taken next Wed. Oct 2nd & Thurs. Oct 3rd below is the schedule for the days each class will have it done:
Wednesday: M/W Rainbow, Orange, Green rooms & All 3’s classes (Yellow, Silver, and Blue)
Thursday: T/TH Rainbow, Orange and Green rooms as well as Pre K – Red, Sky Blue & Purple Rooms
**Information went home yesterday and will be going home today in your child’s folder. It is also attached to this email for your convenience. Order forms will go home a few days after the photos have been taken, not before the pictures are taken.**
Flu Shot Clinic: We will have a one day flu shot clinic here on Wed. Oct 9th. More information to come
Vendor Booth: Our first vendor booth will be on Oct. 9th & 10th. Eden’s Door will be here with fun holiday items for you to shop! Our wonderful vendors are donating 10% of their total sales back to Suncreek Kids. What a great way to earn some fundraising dollars for our school! If you want more information about Eden’s Door you can find it on their Facebook page.
Dates in October:
- No school – Monday, Oct 14th – Columbus Day
- Bike-a-Thon – Oct 17th (Information coming home next week in your child’s folder)
- Halloween Parties – Oct 30th & 31st
A few important reminders:
- Pick up is at 2pm – thank you!
- Please sign your child in and out daily – this is required by law J
- If your child is susceptible to bugs and tend to get bites often I encourage you to put bug spray on them each day before you come to school. We have a person that sprays our playgrounds on a regular basis but due to the location of the older playground it does have a large field next to it and we don’t have control over treating it.. I apologize before hand if your child comes home with bug bites but please know we do our best to stay on top of keeping the bugs at bay. Applying repellent is best!!
- Lastly, please do not allow your child to play in the flowerbeds in the garden area and around the entrances in the afternoons. We love seeing the children playing with friends but I ask for your help in making sure they are clear of the windows and the flowerbed areas and baptism garden while playing. I appreciate your help with this!!
Check out the fun things your child will be doing in Centers Room for the month of October:
With the sand table, we are going to have a dinosaur hunt but first we need to go and find some little dinosaurs to bury 🙂
We are also planning to print out pictures of dinosaurs and do some marble art to paint them. For the older kids, we will have them cut out the dinosaurs. We will also print pumpkins on orange paper and decorate the pumpkins with crinkled up tissue paper.
For Fire Safety we will use finger paints to paint the kids hands with orange and yellow to make flames on a piece of paper. Also we will have a Stop, Drop and Roll exercise and have papers for the kids to color.
For Community helpers we will likely discuss all the different professions that fall into Community helpers and make postal worker bags and/or doctor bags with construction papers and various items. (cotton balls, tongue depressors, etc.)
If you haven’t already you can like our page on Facebook! We are just shy of 200 Likes!! For those that have approved pictures being used on Facebook, the website or any forms of communication we never attach names to pictures. We love being able to share pictures of all the fun happenings here at Suncreek Kids!! Have a wonderful Wednesday!!!!!!
Suncreek Kids Christian Preschool
“Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.” Proverbs 22:6